Supporting the Mobility of Students and Staff in West Africa.
Introducing the ECOWAS Nnamdi Azikiwe Academic Mobility Scheme (ENAAMS)
The ECOWAS Nnamdi Azikiwe Academic Mobility Scheme (ENAAMS) is an initiative that is a response to the recommendation of the ECOWAS Ministers in charge of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The ECOWAS Ministers recommended, inter alia, that the ECOWAS Commission should “Create within the region, an academic mobility system for students and teachers (including diaspora) and encourage institutions to put in place language immersion programmes to promote mobility of students and teachers in the region.”
- Increase access to education in areas of strategic importance to the region by providing scholarships at Masters and PhD levels;
- Increase the knowledge base of the region and promote research
- Promote exchange of ideas, information and academic materials among universities and other higher institutions;
- Provide opportunities for lecturers to fully utilize their potentials
- Improve the quality of delivery of education in Member States
- Promote personal development/learning among the scholarship awardees
Areas of Discipline
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
- Earth and Life Sciences including Environment and Climate Change;
- Health (Medical, Veterinary and Health Sciences);
- History of Africa; and
- Information Communication Technology
Staff Mobilised in our Programme
Students provided with Scholarships last Year
ECOWAS Nnamdi Azikiwe Academic Mobility Scheme (ENAAMS) Host Institutions
These Universities have been selected to offer PhD programs in the areas of Energy, Information and Communication Technology, Food Security, or Mining and Materials Sciences.
News & Stories
Meet the awarded scholars,hear their stories and learn the most recent news and developments from the ECOWAS Nnamdi Azikiwe Academic Mobility Scheme (ENAAMS) programme and also from the AAU.
Do I qualify?
Who do I contact?
How can I Register?